Saturday, September 4, 2010

Birthday & Thank you cards





I first made up some birthday cards. I was trying to use up some of my retired DSP. The red flower is a SU punch, the flower border is a new EK Success deep border punch. The colors are Real Red, Bashful Blue, Old Olive.

Then I wanted to use the Early Espresso/Crumb Cake/Baja Breeze color combo. The crumb cake paper was embossed with the lattice folde inked in either Espresso or Chocolate Chip. It gives it a textured card stock appearance. I love inking this folder! We made a card doing this at my friend & upline's hoouse last weekend & I think this is just a great technique with this folder. I was hoping for a vintage feel to the card, but then realized I should have inked & distressed more.. oh, well! I am still working on trying the vintage style.

No comments:

Post a Comment