Friday, November 18, 2011

Acrylic Butterfly

I was inspired by the card designed by Krista Tracy on p.78 of the September, 2011 Cards magazine.  I loved the colors and CAS design of her card.  I used Baja Breeze, Basic Black, and Whisper White.  I have saved a lot of the acrylic packaging from Cricut carts, embossing folders, etc so I have tons to use up.   After several attempts I finally found the perfect Big Shot sandwich for embssing acrylic in a folder.  Use the Multipurpose platform with NO tabs, clear cutting pad, embossing folder with acrylic in it, and clear cutting pad.  It is perfect.  I used the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die (p.222 IB&C $21.95 item#114507).  I think at one point I cut 6 or 7 at a time.. less cranking!  I embossed the Baja Breeze with the Perfect Polka Dots folder (p.219 IB&C $7.95 item# 117335).  I then embossed the butterflies after I cut them out in te Elegant Lines embossing folder (p.219 $7.95 item# 119277). 

No comments:

Post a Comment