Thursday, July 21, 2011

Crayon Wreath with Cricut & Stampin' Up!












I made crayon wreaths for my kids' teachers in May. I used Stampin' Up! 1 1/4" ribbon as the holder. These are made using embroidery hoops one larger one & a smaller one inside. I spray painted the hoops with some chocolate spray paint we had on hand. The next step is to attach the crayons with hot glue (lay them out all around the hoop before you attach them). Then I attached the Cricut die cuts with dimensionals. I used several Cricut Carts, especially Locker Talk. Lots of pictures so you can see the added details to the die cuts like glitter glue and liquid pearls, embossing, etc. One of their teacher really likes owls so I substituted the starts for the SU owl punch on hers. Both teachers really liked these. The font was Hello Kitty.

2 comments:

  1. WHat a great craft. I think I'd like to try it for teacher appreciation week, with kids pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. Will have to lift this for Teacher App. Week this year!! LOVE IT!! Oh and one for my daughters daycare!

    ReplyDelete