Thursday, January 27, 2011

Love Ya Bunches Valentine






There are a few first for me with this card. This is my first easel card 5 1/4" square. Also, my first real attempt with flower soft.. learned a lot and won't do such a big area next time or on duplicate cards! Also, my first attempt at desiging a banner. OK.. so .. where to start lots of stuff on this one.

The colors I used are Early Espresso, Rose Red, Old Olive, and Pretty in Pink. The DSP is retired SU Sending Love Specialty. The heart banner is made from a combination of various SU heart punches. I glued the layers on and embossed them all together with the Love Language folder. The ribbon is SU 1/4" Pretty in Pink (perfect size for banners) and I used my Crop-A-Dile to punch the holes in the hearts to weave the ribbon through. The fence is the MS Halloween punch & cut off the bats (they didn't fit my theme for some reason - LOL!). I used MS grass punch for the grass under the fence and added some Flower Soft for dimension - I mixed Christmas Green and the medium tone green to get closer to the color I wanted. The flower stems are from the SU bird punch. The crocheted flowers I puchased (not my forte!) on SCS, then added the chocolate chip SU brads to the middle, put the stems in & out of the fence. The hearts on the bottom stand (inside) of card are a mix of MS punch & SU, then I hand wrote the I (heart) U on them with a white gel pen. I think that about does it. Lots of pics for this one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment